Sony 300GM

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DavidT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I’m curious for those who have one how do you like it? I just picked one up on Greentoe for $5,100 delivered! I’m a little surprised my offer was excepted but now I’ve got to sell some other glass.

IMG_4530.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hi, I got one last month with a 1.4TC and later got the 2xTC. I like it and the range it covers in a (relatively) light weight package.
All my shots are hand held while on birding walks with my wife. It shaved a pound off the 200-600mm I was carrying. As many have said, the IQ doesn’t suffer with the 1.4 TC at all, and with the 2x images are still very good. That said, IQ wise I’m not sure if matches my Nikon Z600mm PF w/Z8. Maybe Steve will do a test. However the carry weight is the same, and I much prefer the a1 body over the Z8.
I’m not familiar with Greentoe, does it come with Sony warranty?

Hi, I got one last month with a 1.4TC and later got the 2xTC. I like it and the range it covers in a (relatively) light weight package.
All my shots are hand held while on birding walks with my wife. It shaved a pound off the 200-600mm I was carrying. As many have said, the IQ doesn’t suffer with the 1.4 TC at all, and with the 2x images are still very good. That said, IQ wise I’m not sure if matches my Nikon Z600mm PF w/Z8. Maybe Steve will do a test. However the carry weight is the same, and I much prefer the a1 body over the Z8.
I’m not familiar with Greentoe, does it come with Sony warranty?
Yes it’s a USA camera store in PA. It will vary by who makes an offer. I started at $4999, counter was $5400 with shipping and no sales tax. I countered at $5,100 and they excepted within minutes.

I've got a loaner from Sony for 8 days. I've shot it as a naked 300mm, with the 1.4TC and the 2.0TC and I find it producing excellent images in all three scenarios. For the type of shooting I do I really can't tell much if any difference by using a TC or not. I've shot with both the A1 and the A93 and it's a fun lens and completely handholdable.

Back