Sony 600mm f4 OSS

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi can I ask anyone that uses the 600mm f4 lens what they find is the best OSS setting 1,2,3 for birds in flight, as I never seem to settle on one setting its either off or 3 , can anyone give there opinions on this please and what works best for them. many thanks

I either leave it off if SS is above 1/2500 or I use setting 2 for birds that glide - on occasion 3 for erratic birds.
‘For diving birds I leave it off no matter what as the OSS fights you all the way.
But I am like you, I don’t know that it’s right or not 😉

Setting 1 is general stabilization and works well for just about everything. Setting 2 if specially for panning and I'll try to remember to switch it to that for BIF work - especially slower shutter speeds. Settings 3 is like Nikon Sport VR - less viewfinder movement and the one I typically keep the lens set to. The big trick is if you use setting 2 remember to switch back to 1 or 3 when you're done - since it's for panning, it's probably only correcting for vertical movement.

Back