Sony A1 2.01 and A9III 2.00 firmwares are available

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I’ve just finished upgrading my A1 and my A9III :
  • A9III : from 1.00 to 2.00. Using a CF Express A card. Very fast, around 5 minutes. The configuration is kept.
  • A1 : from 2.00 to 2.01. Using the UBS-C port. About 25 minutes. The configuration is kept.
    Note : if you didn’t upgrade to 2.00, you still have to update to 1.35 first and then to 2.01. In this case the configuration is lost and you have to re-enter it manually.

Last edited:
I’ve just finished upgrading my A1 and my A9III :
  • A9III : from 1.00 to 2.00. Using a CF Express A card. Very fast, around 5 minutes. The configuration is kept.
  • A1 : from 2.00 to 2.01. Using the UBS-C port. About 25 minutes. The configuration is kept.
    Note : if you didn’t upgrade to 2.00, you still have to update to 1.35 first and then to 2.01. In this case the configuration is lost and you have to re-enter it manually.
Have you shot the a9 since the update? Any issues?

I am just about to depart for South Africa so reluctant to make the A1 firmware update with such a short time and worried I might screw something up!! Is the update so good as to risk going ahead? I leave on Monday, so would have to update and reconfigure the whole camera to Steve´s calmest.

I am just about to depart for South Africa so reluctant to make the A1 firmware update with such a short time and worried I might screw something up!! Is the update so good as to risk going ahead? I leave on Monday, so would have to update and reconfigure the whole camera to Steve´s calmest.
I would not do that! Take the girl you know to the dance.

Back