Sony A1 - Assigning Rating Photos to a Custom Button

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I just got my Sony A1 this afternoon and have been starting to slowly customize the buttons. I'm wondering if there is a way to assign the rating functionality to a custom button? I added rating to one of the buttons under Setup > Operation Customize > Custom Key Settings (for playback), but when I try to use it the camera shows "this function is currently disabled". Thank you for your help!

I just got my Sony A1 this afternoon and have been starting to slowly customize the buttons. I'm wondering if there is a way to assign the rating functionality to a custom button? I added rating to one of the buttons under Setup > Operation Customize > Custom Key Settings (for playback), but when I try to use it the camera shows "this function is currently disabled". Thank you for your help!
Did you pick up Steve’s set up guide for the a1? I’m not sure but likely there is a way.

I use the delete button.

Did you pick up Steve’s set up guide for the a1? I’m not sure but likely there is a way.

Hi there, dtibbals! I purchased Steve's great book and that was the first place I looked, but I didn't find anything. That said, I haven't studied the entire thing so perhaps I missed it. A quick search doesn't show rating. Thanks!

When you do assign a rating in camera, does this get picked up in programs like Lightroom, or just in Sony software that you see it?

W
When you do assign a rating in camera, does this get picked up in programs like Lightroom, or just in Sony software that you see it?

Hi again bleirer! With my D500's, LR would recognize the rating I set when reviewing the images in the camera. I'm looking for that same or similar functionality for the A1.

Hi bfs208! Thank you for the reply! Sorry to ask this but could you tell me how you assigned rating to the "delete" button? I'm not seeing that as an option under the Custom Settings. I'm showing how much I have to learn. ;)
That was my attempt at humor. I don't use ratings. If I don't love them, I delete them.

Back