Sony A1 Face/eye subject select

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

hi all:
i bought a used sony A1 last week and am setting it up using Steve's ebook. I am struggling with one big issue and would hugely appreciate help.
When i turn on the face/eye mode and toggle between bird and animal using a custom setting, nothing seems to happen.
i can't tell if i've even turned on face/eye mode since i don't see an icon for bird or animal and when i toggle it doesn't change anything.
i've updated the firmware to the latest, i've turned on every button on the face/eye page, but it just feels like bird/eye is just not functional.
am i missing something here? everything else seems to work as described.
please help- not sure if there is something wrong with my camera.
thanks
murali

When you hit the toggle, look for a message popping up near the bottom of the screen. If it's set correctly, you should see it.
thanks. i did that and it was not showing up. almost like face/eye mode didn't exist. i reset it to factory settings, assigned a custom key, and now it works! thanks. i will now begin the customization process

Another clue would be when you think it is set for people and point it at a person, does it focus pretty well? I don't have that camera, but I can always tell if I have it in animal by mistake. It still focuses but there is a difference in how it behaves.

Last edited:
Back