Sony a6700 vs Nikon d500

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello people!
I have been shooting Nikon d500 with Sigma 150-600 C for some time now, and I have been shooting mostly birds. I have a chance to replace it with Sony a6700 with Sigma 150-600 S. Is the switch worth it? I will pay 600$ for the brand new Sony combo. I have seen some really good reviews for the Sony a6700, especially about the AF systen and the eye tracking feature.
Thanks!

I’d recommend getting your hands on an a6700 before making the jump. The a6700 is a much smaller camera which means the controls including things like aperture and shutter speed control, exposure comp, etc. are quite different than the D500.

I use a Sony a6300 for light weight uses but find it very annoying to make the kind of on the fly settings adjustments that I make with ease on larger cameras that expose more controls. Yeah the a6700 is much newer and has some great AF technology but it’s still a smaller camera with very different ergonomics than your D500.

They’re both very good APS-C cameras and either can deliver great images but try to hold and use an a6700 before making the jump as it’s a different shooting experience.

Back