Sony Shooters Please Help!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DavidT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Last weekend I moved my camera (a9III) on a sand bag and I don’t know what I pressed but now on my monitor (rear screen) I have buttons on each side of the screen that I can’t get rid of. It’s cluttering the view and going through the menu and doing a reset I can’t figure out how to remove them. Any ideas?
IMG_2659.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last weekend I moved my camera (a9III) on a sand bag and I don’t know what I pressed but now on my monitor (rear screen) I have buttons on each side of the screen that I can’t get rid of. It’s cluttering the view and going through the menu and doing a reset I can’t figure out how to remove them. Any ideas?
View attachment 93908
David, this is in the DISP view options, if you press the control dial, it will go through the viewing options.

Allows you to set the screen display modes that can be selected using DISP (Display Setting) in shooting mode.
  1. MENU →
    s_menu_setup.png
    (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [DISP (Screen Disp) Set] → [Monitor] or [Finder] → desired setting → [Enter].
    The items marked with
    s_checkmark2.png
    (check) are available.

Oliver

A9M3BackView.png

David, this is in the DISP view options, if you press the control dial, it will go through the viewing options.

Allows you to set the screen display modes that can be selected using DISP (Display Setting) in shooting mode.
  1. MENU →
    s_menu_setup.png
    (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [DISP (Screen Disp) Set] → [Monitor] or [Finder] → desired setting → [Enter].
    The items marked with
    s_checkmark2.png
    (check) are available.

Oliver

View attachment 93918
Yes, that’s working normal but the row of icons on both sides is what I’m complaining about. I found a way to shut off and that’s turning swipe right and left to off under setup touch operations shooting screen page 1/1. No clue how that changed while I was shooting but all better now.

This is how I wanted it to look like:

IMG_4387.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Yes, that’s working normal but the row of icons on both sides is what I’m complaining about. I found a way to shut off and that’s turning swipe right and left to off under setup touch operations shooting screen page 1/1. No clue how that changed while I was shooting but all better now.

This is how I wanted it to look like:

View attachment 93929
Got it, thanks for sharing the tip.

Oliver

That's the same way the RV and 6700 are you just pinch on the screen to make them disappear. It's honestly pretty handy at times when you need to make a change quickly

That's the same way the RV and 6700 are you just pinch on the screen to make them disappear. It's honestly pretty handy at times when you need to make a change quickly
Really? So you just pinch and those size icons go away? Maybe that is how I did it when moving a camera on a bag and for the life of me couldn't figure out how that got turned on.

Back