Southern Ohio Eagle

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PD8_4617b.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I am actually more interested in the photography than the bird. I post these things to a local birding group page and it's like, yeah, that's an eagle. I miss my old photo club (Color Slide Club!) where folks gave plenty of feedback (and plenty of noise) on what they saw. This was shot with a Nikon Z8 and a 500mm PF on a 1.4TC, handheld to my discredit.

I am actually more interested in the photography than the bird. I post these things to a local birding group page and it's like, yeah, that's an eagle. I miss my old photo club (Color Slide Club!) where folks gave plenty of feedback (and plenty of noise) on what they saw.
Great moment you captured and I like the overall scene including the background which shows some habitat but isn't overly distracting. Exposure seems good though hard to say if the brighter white feathers, especially on the tail, are blown out or whether some detail could be restored with the Highlight tool.

Personally I'd strive for more room in front of the bird in the direction of its flight to give it some room to move visually, IOW so it isn't flying right out of the frame. If this is a crop with more room out to the left of the frame I'd try a different aspect ratio or crop position to give more room in front of the bird. If this is just the way it was captured then I'd work on framing a bit looser or working to stay ahead while panning to give subjects more room in the direction of their actual motion or implied direction (e.g. sight lines).

Welcome to the forums

Besides from DRWyomings crops suggestion, I would tone down the background. Looks like a mossy oak camo pattern.

Back