Southern Pale Chanting Goshawk ~ Juvie only

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Continued from https://bcgforums.com/index.php?threads/southern-pale-chanting-goshawk-adult-juvie.3537/
Southern Pale Chanting Goshawk, Melierax canorus, Bleeksingvalk, Weißbürzel-Singhabicht, Heller Grauflügelhabicht, Açor-cantor-pálido, Autour chanteur, Zanghavik,
All images Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Drinking from water ponded in the road. ~ D4; 600 F/4; F/8; 1/1600; ISO 200

D4 2017 02 05 2169.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A little bit of attitude, but we love it! ~ D4; 600 F/4; F/8; 1/1600; ISO 200

D4W 2092.jpg

Then, he finished drinking, actually, another car scared him off ! ~ D4; 600 F/4; F/8; 1/1600; ISO 280

D4W 2101.jpg

One the wing ~ D4; 600 F/4; F/8; 1/1600; ISO 280

D4W 2199.jpg

And finally, leaving my panning window ~ D4; 600 F/4; F/8; 1/1600; ISO 200 There are 9 frames between #3 & #5
D4W 2200.jpg

Love them Callie, quite an unusual setting for a raptor shot, up to its ankles in water...all adds a little je ne sais quoi!! Then the in-flight shots - super.

Love them Callie, quite an unusual setting for a raptor shot, up to its ankles in water...all adds a little je ne sais quoi!! Then the in-flight shots - super.
My French is non-existent - I had to Google - I do not know what
Where I grew-up, we only tried to speak English in self-defense, it was the 3rd language, French was something the the Huguenots brought to SA late 1600's and all that was left over were a few surnames! ;) Now, for a phonetic language user, enough, so the unpronounceable French is beyond my ken! Later in life, we use to joke and say that French is a disease of the nose while Afrikaans is a disease of the throat! One nasal, one guttural!

Back