Spacer or riser for foot of 400mm f/4.5 or 100-400mm lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Calson

A lens plate that is long enough to achieve good balance with the 400mm f/4.5 lens attached to the Z9 camera there is a problem where the stock foot of the lens is not tall enough and so the lens plate hits the Z9 camera body. I need a space to attach to the base of the Nikon foot so that there will be enough clearance for the lens plate.

I have looked at the "cheese" blocks sold for video rigs but they are usually not thick enough for the height gain I need.

You might need to design your own and get an engineering shop to machine one up out of aluminium. The stock foot has two tapped holes so you can attach a block without risk of it rotating. You’ll just need to shift the plate attachment holes according.

The fellow who has the Peanut Chu Youtubes has something that takes care of the problem but I cannot determine exactly what was used.
It looks like a RRS nodal lens mount but it may be something else.

100-400 Tripod Mount.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

If you want yo use two plates then there is a number of options. I was suggesting a solution that uses a fixed spacer and one plate.
sunwayfoto or Hejnar may have something similar to the RRS for less cash

Back