SpiderPro Mirrorless Dual Camera System v2 for Wildlife

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi,

I have been looking at the SpiderPro Mirrorless Duel Camera System v2 to support carrying my wildlife lenses on my hips rather than over the shoulder, as I understand it allows lenses up to and equal to 70-200mm (1,360g)

https://spiderholster.com/products/spiderpro-dual-mirrorless-camera-system-v2

The wildlife body / lenses would be the Z8 plus Z 100-400, f/4.5-5.6 (1,435g) and a second Z8 plus 500 PF f/5.6 (1,460g) so equal in weight

I am also taking photos at a wedding (our family) who are not expecting more than group and ad-hoc photos [they are trusting what I shoot, so just my personal expectations] in which I will use two lenses, Z 35mm, f/1.8 and the Z 85mm, f/1.8 (I do have a 14-30mm, f/4 if required) In this case, these two lenses will work well on the dual system and are lightweight

FYI, I do currently use one/two of the Peak Design slide camera straps and these work really well but this is an opportunity to move the weight from my shoulder/s when walking around I have looked at the Black Rapid straps but I do still like the PD straps as current]

I also have an excellent backpack (as required) with the MindShift Backlight 26L which actually holds the two mount Z8's with a 500 PF and the 100-400 along with my three short lenses and a TC inside the main compartment (WOW] with the pockets available on top (love this bag and airplane overhead locker friendly)

So my question is asking for any experiences with the SpiderPro single/dual system for wildlife as shared above (also weddings in the same vain)

Hope you can help with any views on this approach

Nobby

Last edited:
Back