Spirit of the Rain Forest

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently was lucky enough to spend some time in the Great Bear Rain Forest of British Columbia. I was even luckier to capture several shots of this elusive Spirit Bear.

Comments encouraged.

Spirit of the Rain Forest.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very nice capture. I think you did well and it shows the environment nicely too
It isn't a fine art photo - and not meant to be one - therefor I look at it for what it is meant to be. The subject matter is very strong - that makes the rest takes second place in my book. There is just enough yellow in the leaves, I love it. I would have loved to see some eye contact - but in this kind of photo - for me personally, with little tweaks here and there - I like it as is.

Bears arm is a little hot and I think I would have went with a landscape orientation to try and get the most out of the angled log and get the bear out of dead center, the veg above the bear is a little hot too and takes up a lot of the frame. Lots of potential in that shot.

Back