If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Split Rock Lighthouse has been a place I've gone since I was a kid, and it's fun to get there when they turn it on and the beacon shines over the big lake. They are doing it again Monday as July 31 is the anniversary of it's opening.

z split rock 2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Wow. This is one of the better lighthouse images I've seen. Well done.
Thanks, I'm pumped because I am going back on Monday. They posted on their page they were doing it again but aren't publicizing it much; Friday was a event you could pay for and Monday will be a 2 hour lighting, and the beacon will spin for an hour, and be still for an hour over the lake. Plus the full moon will rise behind me, plus there is a meteor shower, plus an aurora chance - so could be even cooler. And I'll plan it better, forgot to plug in my remote so will avoid camera shake and have a couple of different angles. Friday I hustled to get to a few different spots when I should have just stayed here.

Thanks, I'm pumped because I am going back on Monday. They posted on their page they were doing it again but aren't publicizing it much; Friday was a event you could pay for and Monday will be a 2 hour lighting, and the beacon will spin for an hour, and be still for an hour over the lake. Plus the full moon will rise behind me, plus there is a meteor shower, plus an aurora chance - so could be even cooler. And I'll plan it better, forgot to plug in my remote so will avoid camera shake and have a couple of different angles. Friday I hustled to get to a few different spots when I should have just stayed here.
Now that sounds like a real landscape photographer. Hopefully weather etc cooperates with your plans. Look forward to see the results.

Now that sounds like a real landscape photographer. Hopefully weather etc cooperates with your plans. Look forward to see the results.
Weather looks good. Mosquitos were rough. I have special photo gloves for them and repellant even a net hat, but they usually are not that bad by the lake. But worth it to see the light show.

Weather looks good. Mosquitos were rough. I have special photo gloves for them and repellant even a net hat, but they usually are not that bad by the lake. But worth it to see the light show.
I use Off Botanical repellent which is deet free so don't have to worry about getting it on equipment. And unlike most environmentally friendly stuff it actually works well. It does wash off easily but as long as it's not raining it's good stuff. It has to be good to work up here with our hungry critters.