Spot the cat...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just for fun... See if you can locate the cat? And what sort of cat is it...?
DSC_9942.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Its a leopard. In Kruger Park, South Africa.

Look closer along the first line of brush/leaves from the bottom...
Wow, if what I'm looking at is indeed the cat, there is no doubt I would have been cat food. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm looking at is a cat or if it is just some different shade leaves.
Great photo!

W
Wow, if what I'm looking at is indeed the cat, there is no doubt I would have been cat food. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm looking at is a cat or if it is just some different shade leaves.
Great photo!
Well spotted! Its a pity I had to resize the image as it makes it quite a bit harder to spot at he lower resolution...

Have you seen this?

Sure, but no Leopard there, here's a blown up 4 x resolution, clearly showing the head.

DSC_9942a.jpg

Here's your spot, (also @ 4x) no "leopard" there. Granted it "looks" like a head laying flat, but I doubt it's anything.

DSC_9942b.jpg

Last edited:
WOW would it attack you if you were walking along on your own.
Oz down umder
A leopord would rarely do that to a human. Unless it's really old and cant hunt its normal prey. But that would be a perfect ambush position for unsuspecting prey like Impala. Was it a lion, and you didn't spot it, might have been a different story...

A leopord would rarely do that to a human. Unless it's really old and cant hunt its normal prey. But that would be a perfect ambush position for unsuspecting prey like Impala. Was it a lion, and you didn't spot it, might have been a different story...
If you saw a lion in front of you should you stand perfectly still and stare it down ?

Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, that is the anomaly I was looking at in the original photo. I am always amazed at how well nature's camouflage works. It is almost invisible.

Back