Spotted Crake, in the late afternoon sunshine, 011024. UPDATE for Hooligans Imagery 031024.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

soundbyte

A well known member 🇦🇺 📷
Supporting Member
Marketplace
This Spotted Crake was very active yesterday afternoon, the sun was about to disappear as it was getting near sunset.
SC_0110924_1_BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
@Callie Thanks.
I will need to revisit the location this week as a friend reported 3 Spotted Crakes being in the same area yesterday.
Hopefully there may be a Spotless Crake around as they also inhabit the same location but are much harder to spot.

Interesting bird; although I was still hoping for Spotted Cake when I read your title. It’s breakfast here and I need something to go with coffee.
On my way to Gould's Lagoon again in a few minutes, will keep an eye out for any Spotted Cakes that may be lurking in the reeds for you.
Unfortunately I fear they may not be to your liking as they would most likely be uncooked.

@Hooligans Imagery I asked this Spotted Crake to look for a Spotted Cake for you this afternoon all it seemed to find were red worms, sorry no cake.
SP_0310924_1_BCG.jpg
SP_0310924_2_BCG.jpg
SP_0310924_3_BCG.jpg

Back