Spring Is Almost Here!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm still new to macro and finding good subjects here in upstate NY has been challenging with the cold weather but day before yesterday I was out and I happen to notice these tiny blue flowers. I almost walked right past them without seeing them, they're some species of Veronica but I'm not sure which. I did a stacked image as well but I prefer this version, it just looks more pleasing to me. I hope to get some Snowdrop images in the next week or so as well.
_DSC0808-5.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Thank you! Speedwell is one of the common names for it but there are several kinds.
Yes. I just lump them all as speedwell (common name as you mentioned) :) . I have one friend who can rattle off the latin name of every plant he sees. I respect the fact he has done that much research and studied that much.
Hope you do get the snow drop photos. Here in the Cincinnati area, they have already bloomed as have the Hellebores. Some are still blooming but many are already past their prime. I enjoy shooting photos of the spring ephemerals.

By the way, I also love to fly fish! (which reminds me, I need to buy my KY state Fishing License this week.).

Jeff

Back