Spring is coming to Bombay Hook

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RockvilleBob

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This is my first sighting of Tree Swallows at Bombay Hook this year. It was the only pair I spotted arriving early to claim their summer home.
This was done with pre-release, my second time trying this type of shooting. I had to change lenses from the 800 to the Sigma 160-600 Sport in order to get a shorter focal length. Except for the weight the Sigma Sport zoom is still a solid performer. I've been committed to getting the Nikon 200-600 but I am getting so frustrated with the long long long long wait that I just may keep using this lens and getting a second Z9. I feel I will like to mix some pre-release in with all my outings when opportunities arise. Switching lenses is not ideal, the opportunities are fleeting. If I decide to do more pre-release I may just get a second body.
Tree-Swallows.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very Cool image! I think alot of people are waiting what cameras / lenses are in the announcement later this month. Well done!

This kind of sequence is not easy to do. Very well managed here, with beautiful successive positions of the bird 👏
Thank you both. The prerelease capability adds a new avenue to explore. Ideally it would be nice to have this capability with raw files - perhaps a feature of coing cameras.

Back