If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Chappy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While just a few of the species that come to the South Plains(southern Texas panhandle) in the spring have just arrived there are plenty of native species that are building nests and becoming more active in April. We have had above average moisture in the fall and winter and most areas are turning green including the mesquite trees which are usually last to come out. This is probably the earliest I have seen the mesquites come out. Here are a few pics i have taken over the last couple of days. All photos were taken with the 600pf mounted on my Nikon Z9.

z9w_5693-jpg.86087
Z9W_5593.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z9W_5737-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z9W_4876-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z9W_5788.jpg
Z9W_5519.jpg
Z9W_6041.jpg

Attachments

• Z9W_5693.jpg
    Z9W_5693.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 74
Beautiful photos. I live near San Angelo, and it has greened up quickly. You are right about the mesquite coming out earlier than usual. The wind has kicked up. So, I expect things to dry up and soon. Then the heat will come.

Reactions: seh
Beautiful photos. I live near San Angelo, and it has greened up quickly. You are right about the mesquite coming out earlier than usual. The wind has kicked up. So, I expect things to dry up and soon. Then the heat will come.
Thank you. Lets just hope that it is not as hot as the last two years and we get more rain this summer.