Spring Wildflowers in Northern part of Kentucky

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Every spring I go nuts over taking photos of wildflowers. Shooting wildflowers is how I got into photography back in the late 1970's. I got my fires camera with a macro lens in about 1983 with a Nikon FE2 and a 50mm macro lens. I shot many hundreds of Kodachrome slides of flowers. Now I shoot a D500 and a Nikon micro 105mm lens still shooting wildflowers. Their beauty never gets old. Especially with the spring ephemerals, they are here for such a short time and then we have to wait a year to see them again. Hope you all are not tired of seeing wildflowers yet. If you are, the good news is the early spring wildflower season only has a few more weeks. But then the early summer flowers start to show. :)

Wild Phlox. The brown background is due to reflection of the brown hillside on the little stream running behind these flowers.

_6JS4134.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Toadshade Trillium
_6JS4145.jpg

Virginia Bluebells:
_6JS4158.jpg

I am waiting for the early arrivals here in Wisconsin. Glad yoiu have an early start> Nice shots.
Thanks. We're probably about 2 or so weeks ahead of you. Another person here has been posting some from North Carolina and they are a couple weeks ahead of us. I've never been to Wisconsin for wildflowers, I bet it is beautiful.

Nice to see some early arrivals. Haven’t seen a toad shade trillium before - very nice.
Thanks.
In Northern Kentucky, SW, Ohio, SE Indiana area around me, the toad shade's are the most common variety. Scientific name is Trillium Sessile.

Here is some more info on the beautiful little flower:

Thanks for info. I’m in Wisconsin so that explains not seeing them. Only time I saw them in bloom was in the botanic garden in Oslo Norway three years ago.

Every spring I go nuts over taking photos of wildflowers. Shooting wildflowers is how I got into photography back in the late 1970's. I got my fires camera with a macro lens in about 1983 with a Nikon FE2 and a 50mm macro lens. I shot many hundreds of Kodachrome slides of flowers. Now I shoot a D500 and a Nikon micro 105mm lens still shooting wildflowers. Their beauty never gets old. Especially with the spring ephemerals, they are here for such a short time and then we have to wait a year to see them again. Hope you all are not tired of seeing wildflowers yet. If you are, the good news is the early spring wildflower season only has a few more weeks. But then the early summer flowers start to show. :)

Wild Phlox. The brown background is due to reflection of the brown hillside on the little stream running behind these flowers.

View attachment 36337

Toadshade Trillium
View attachment 36338

Virginia Bluebells:
View attachment 36339
Nice pics Love the bluebells and trillium, look delicate, must be shade dwellers?

Back