If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Having recently finished Secrets to Stunning Bird-in-flight Photography, part of me was thinking, there is likely to be some interesting behavior - fire away. Another part was thinking, its too small in the frame - don't bother. Obviously, fire away won out, and I think I got a decent shot of the eagle admiring its catch. Not enough pixels for the wall maybe, but ok for a post. Now I just need to quiet the other voices in my head! Shot with my D500 and the 500pf, ISO 500, 1/3200 sec., F5.6. Thanks for the great e-book, Steve!
bif-rules.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Having recently finished Secrets to Stunning Bird-in-flight Photography, part of me was thinking, there is likely to be some interesting behavior - fire away. Another part was thinking, its too small in the frame - don't bother. Obviously, fire away won out, and I think I got a decent shot of the eagle admiring its catch. Not enough pixels for the wall maybe, but ok for a post. Now I just need to quiet the other voices in my head! Shot with my D500 and the 500pf, ISO 500, 1/3200 sec., F5.6. Thanks for the great e-book, Steve! View attachment 25852
Nice!!!! I Have found the D500 to be very forgiving when making large crops. I will usually sharpen just a little and get great results.