If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wink Jones

Supporting Member
Marketplace
So, I was sitting on my front porch the other day and I see the squirrel that has been bossing the boys on my garage roof around for a week or two. I picked up my Z9 with my new 500 PF lens and snapped three shots.

I had not seen him up close enough to see it without magnification, but Stumpy is missing the lower left leg. He seems to be saying, "Hey, I am in pain and I am still tougher than you." I did not see him for a week since I took these, but yesterday he was chasing another guy around my front yard and up a tree. Now that I am looking for the missing leg, it is easy to spot.

I am still having some issues learning to use my new camera. As you will see below, the motion shot is not well enough focused to ever print, but looks sort of okay in a jpeg on facebook.

Stumpy-0098.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Stumpy-0099.jpg

Stumpy-0100.jpg

I have to say, even with all of my slow learning, I am getting some nice photos from my front porch. I am waiting to be able to go out and take some photos in nature, rather than from my front porch...

Nice backlighted photos of Stumpy. He looks healthy. Thanks for sharing
You are welcome. I have been enjoying sitting with my wife in the early mornings on the front porch while the temps are in the 70's. Instead of a late afternoon "Sit and Sip," with a glass of wine, we have it in the mornings now with a cup of coffee.

Fun shots! BTW, I think 1/500 was probably too slow on the second shot. Those little guys make very quick movements. I hope you can track this fellow for a while.

Fun shots! BTW, I think 1/500 was probably too slow on the second shot. Those little guys make very quick movements. I hope you can track this fellow for a while.
Thanks Woody. I have been shooting at 1/1250 since stumpy showed me how slow I was. I am going up to 1/4000 this morning after seeing how much but there was in the humming bird I Shott a couple of days ago.