Sub-Adult male tiger (Wild tiger), Ranthambore National Park, India

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Although it is very difficult to spot wild tigers in winter, I make it a point to travel to national parks mostly in winter as the winter lighting is so magical and the tigers have a beautiful orangish coat and are very active. These are couple of shots from a winter season, a sub-adult male tiger that I could finally photograph after almost 20 back to back safaris with hardly any sightings.

Nikon D850, Nikkor 400mm F2.8E FL

_8506493 1 by Ganesh Balakrishnan, on Flickr

Portrait of a bengal tiger by Ganesh Balakrishnan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Although it is very difficult to spot wild tigers in winter, I make it a point to travel to national parks mostly in winter as the winter lighting is so magical and the tigers have a beautiful orangish coat and are very active. These are couple of shots from a winter season, a sub-adult male tiger that I could finally photograph after almost 20 back to back safaris with hardly any sightings.

Nikon D850, Nikkor 400mm F4E FL

Gorgeous shot!👍👍

Nikon D850, Nikkor 400mm F2.8E FL

Perseverance paid off Ganesh - beautiful images.

Thank you! yes, I am from India and have been blessed to have visited several Tiger national parks. You are right, regardless of what type of wildlife subject it is, frequently visiting the place have always helped with wide variety of images and unique photographic opportunities.
gorgeous pictures, Ganesh! @thelordofthelight I assume, you are living in India that is why you can come back again and again to place where the tigers are.

Thank you all so much!

Beautiful!!
Gorgeous shot!👍👍
He's a handsome boy! Well done!
Wow, Great shots!
Beautiful photos Ganesh.
Love to see one. Great shots!
Fantastic shots, Ganesh!!
Perseverance paid off Ganesh - beautiful images.
Excellent capture Ganesh,
Regards,
Gavin

Back