Suggestions for safari in Serengeti

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm thinking of going to the Serengeti in 2025 for the first time. I would like to hear opinions, suggestions, etc. that could help me to organize such a trip. I know the quality of andBeyond in South Africa, but I saw two other possible operators: Pangolin and Kobo, although I can't find much information about the latter on the web. Any experience with any of them in Serengeti? On the other hand, I'm also wondering what the difference is between going during the peak season of the Great Migration or going during some other period. Serengeti is a very large national park, so I'm wondering which sites are the most valuable to a photographer. What is the difference between going from Kenya side or flying to Tanzania? My idea is to be there for about 10-15 days, that is, to have enough time to be there and take photos without rushing. As you can see, many questions in my head, so any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Many of us have experience with Pangolin. Top notch travel leaders who specialize in meeting the needs of photographers. I have traveled with them 2 times. Highly recommended.

I'm thinking of going to the Serengeti in 2025 for the first time. I would like to hear opinions, suggestions, etc. that could help me to organize such a trip. I know the quality of andBeyond in South Africa, but I saw two other possible operators: Pangolin and Kobo, although I can't find much information about the latter on the web. Any experience with any of them in Serengeti? On the other hand, I'm also wondering what the difference is between going during the peak season of the Great Migration or going during some other period. Serengeti is a very large national park, so I'm wondering which sites are the most valuable to a photographer. What is the difference between going from Kenya side or flying to Tanzania? My idea is to be there for about 10-15 days, that is, to have enough time to be there and take photos without rushing. As you can see, many questions in my head, so any comments or suggestions are welcome.
We went to Tanzania in 2023 and went through a similar process of decision making (but I am by no means an expert on Tanzania). Lots of decisions that have to be made, are you trying to see the migration? Wildebeest birthing? A cheetah hunt/kill? We did not go with the two companies you mentioned. So would have to review their itineraries but presumably they have multiple ones? Another decision to make is where in Tanzania you want to go, just the Serengeti or also other places like the Crater or the Northern part (like Mahale) for the chimpanzees?
We decided not to try to see the migration (ie. the wildebeest/Zebra crossing the rivers) since it is more crowded then. We went during the green season, so some rain and lots of bugs! But beautiful clouds. That is also when lots of birds come (we met birders who came specifically then). And less people than during the peak migration times (so rates are lower). We went in November after rates had gone down. And we flew into Kilamanjaro from Doha. One of the places we stayed that we really liked was Namiri Plains by Asilia Africa. If you decide to go there, I can recommend our guide via PM (maybe you can request him). We could hear the lions roaring every night and had a herd of elephants walk by our "tent". Also had a flock of Fischer's lovebirds visit us one day.
Pics from our trip are on Flickr if interested:

Back