Suggestions Lighter Power Charge for MacBook?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NLK Photos

Nancy K
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hello there. Has anyone had success with using a lighter, less bulky power charger for a MacBook Pro while traveling? The one that comes with the laptop is a beast in weight and size. I would like to find a smaller charger for only times when I travel to download images off my cards, answer emails etc.

If someone has experience with using a smaller one - I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

I am assuming your MBP charges with USB-C. A couple of years now since I bought my M1 MacBook Pro I’ve been traveling with and using a couple of small 20watt USB-C chargers from Apple. Now, it’s not a fast charger like the big laptop “bricks” that we’re accustomed to using over the years. A couple of hours plugged into a hotel outlet or wherever gets the job done. Besides powering and charging the laptop they work great for my batteries in Nikon cameras as USB power delivery, an iPad Pro with USB-C, and my iPhone 15 Pro also USB C. A couple of these chargers and a few USB-C cables rated for the chargers in a small, quart-sized ziploc bag in my carry on bag takes care of all my charging needs. My laptop brick stays home in my office.

Attachments

• 1723306623050.jpeg
    1723306623050.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back