Sunrise over New England

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Squatch

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Shot with D810, Nikkor 16-35 f/4.
611A7879-3EB3-4B0D-878B-9FE951777F70.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very nice. Lots of elements to like. The sun's rays, the clouds, the fog, the mist, the color, the whole composition. HDR? Curious where in New England?
Malcolm

Very nice. Lots of elements to like. The sun's rays, the clouds, the fog, the mist, the color, the whole composition. HDR? Curious where in New England?
Malcolm
Thank you!!
No HDR, just edited in LR. Full disclosure, the shot was taken in adjacent upstate New York, but the mountains in the background are in Massachusetts, so I took a bit of creative liberty, but it technically IS a “sunrise OVER New England.” :)

Last edited:
Thank you!!
No HDR, just edited in LR. Full disclosure, the shot was taken in adjacent upstate New York, but the mountains in the background are in Massachusetts, so I took a bit of creative liberty, but it technically IS a “sunrise OVER New England.” :)
I grew up in Stockbridge, MA so I'm pretty sure mountains are the Berkshires. Beautiful part of the world, very nicely captured.

I grew up in Stockbridge, MA so I'm pretty sure mountains are the Berkshires. Beautiful part of the world, very nicely captured.
Ah, so you’re familiar with the area. They are indeed the Berkshires. This photo was taken from the Helderberg Escarpment in John Boyd Thacher State Park in Altamont, NY. If you look just a hair right of dead center of the photo, you’ll see downtown Albany, specifically Corning Tower and the Empire State Plaza. Go straight up and a tad right from Corning Tower (the tallest building), and you’ll see Mount Greylock. Here’s another photo from the same morning that I took with my D500 and 200-500. If you zoom in far enough, you’ll see the monument and radio tower on top of Greylock. And thank you for the compliments!! :)
F785B474-532C-402D-B82B-9B7520C8316D.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back