Sunrise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I hope it's ok to post a landscape photo in this section... I woke up early this morning and took a drive down to Letchworth State Park to catch the sunrise. I don't usually do much landscape stuff but I really liked this composition when I came across it. I found the road on the left side to be somewhat distracting but I didn't want to crop in either so I removed the road in photo 2 instead. I'd like to know which photo y'all prefer and would appreciate any other feedback as well.

Photo 1
_DSC6770-Edit-Edit-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Photo 2
_DSC6770-Edit-Edit-Edit-2-4.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
I like the mood - great misty scene. I also like the edited version with grass on the road. The only thing that I find mildly distracting is the footpath leads into the dead center of the frame. I would like to see the end where it goes out of picture to be a bit more to the left for rule of thirds. Maybe this could be achieved if you had moved your position a bit to your left (eg a few feet further up the road) so that you could aim a bit more to the right, so that the path would still lead in from camera right but end up leading out near camera left? Just a thought.

I like the mood - great misty scene. I also like the edited version with grass on the road. The only thing that I find mildly distracting is the footpath leads into the dead center of the frame. I would like to see the end where it goes out of picture to be a bit more to the left for rule of thirds. Maybe this could be achieved if you had moved your position a bit to your left (eg a few feet further up the road) so that you could aim a bit more to the right, so that the path would still lead in from camera right but end up leading out near camera left? Just a thought.
Thanks for the suggestion, I plan to go back and try this composition again and I'll keep this in mind when I do.

Back