If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhD69

Supporting Member
Marketplace
BCD-093.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Fighting for a life in freedom

The Wild Horses of the Namib hold a powerful fascination. For centuries their origin was shrouded in mystery. Their habitat, the barren plains around Garub on the eastern fringe of the Namib Desert (part of the Namib-Naukluft Park), is no paradise. Nevertheless, they have managed to adapt to the harsh conditions and the arid land which fulfills all their needs.

Their forebears, once in the service of mankind, gained their freedom a century ago to live their lives in the vastness of the Namib Desert away from human civilisation, according to the natural ways of the land. Perhaps our yearning for the wild and free is the reason for our deep attraction to the Namib horses and explains why thousands of travellers visit Garub every year.

Decades of intensive research have resulted in a detailed understanding of the horses and their environment. The research conclusively substantiated that the horses are a harmonious part of the desert ecosystem and have found their home at Garub.

View attachment 54355
Fighting for a life in freedom

The Wild Horses of the Namib hold a powerful fascination. For centuries their origin was shrouded in mystery. Their habitat, the barren plains around Garub on the eastern fringe of the Namib Desert (part of the Namib-Naukluft Park), is no paradise. Nevertheless, they have managed to adapt to the harsh conditions and the arid land which fulfills all their needs.

Their forebears, once in the service of mankind, gained their freedom a century ago to live their lives in the vastness of the Namib Desert away from human civilisation, according to the natural ways of the land. Perhaps our yearning for the wild and free is the reason for our deep attraction to the Namib horses and explains why thousands of travellers visit Garub every year.

Decades of intensive research have resulted in a detailed understanding of the horses and their environment. The research conclusively substantiated that the horses are a harmonious part of the desert ecosystem and have found their home at Garub.
Phillipe, great shot with patterns & overall composition.

Oliver

Fantastic landscape! You did justice to the land of my birth. (y)
Many thanks for your comment Koos :)

If you visit my Website, you'll see that I've visited Namibia 6 times. This is from far my preferred country. One of the three least populated countries, along with Iceland and Mongolia.

As I have always visited in winter (local), next time I would like to go there in spring, to see the flowering deserts.

This is a lovely photograph... It is very serene, and is my favorite way to see wildlife...
Nice work
Many thanks for your comment Bruce :)

I really like your website, particularly the direct access to the pictures and their display in full screen. This is what I do on my site as well, but with a hierarchical organisation.
I bookmark your site to visit it regularly šŸ‘

Last edited: