If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The thing from the swamp.............
Or welcome to the green hell 😎

I discovered the pond frog or green frog on one of my after-work walks.
My first time I was able to capture a picture of them.

HZF_5188-1-bcg-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

HZF_5211-1-bcg-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Great shots and you got them from a good perspective. I especially like that first picture!
Thanks a lot for your comment.
It took some time and a few discarded images to figure this out.
I was lying on a tiny wooden bridge that kept moving in the wind or by me.
And with a 1500 mm focal length it wasn't that easy.

Pretty cool, Mark. I'm just curious, never tried it, but do you think a 2x TC coupled with a Sigma macro 105 mm would work ok together?

Pretty cool, Mark. I'm just curious, never tried it, but do you think a 2x TC coupled with a Sigma macro 105 mm would work ok together?
I can't say anything about your combination of lens and TC, I don't know it.
But I'm afraid the 210 mm focal length is far too little.
You would have to be very lucky that one of them is so close to the edge of the pond and tolerates you waving it in front of its nose.
For my first picture I was 2.25 meters away with a focal length of 1500mm on full format.
I was able to work my way in to his side and then take the second picture at 900 mm approx 2,3 meter away
When it comes to EXIF information, the 1.5x extension provided by the DX camera is still missing (500mm * 2xTC * DX Sensor 1,5)

Last edited: