Swan offspring

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Some of the shots I took last spring. They were six when I spotted them. Unfortunately none of them made it to the summer :cry:
DSC_4805_DxO.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_4810_DxO.jpg
DSC_4735_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Nice images! WOW! No survivors? So sad......

I was photographing loon chicks this spring. The last morning on the lake......chick was gone. Poof! Now my images of the chick make me sad.............

Nice images! WOW! No survivors? So sad......

I was photographing loon chicks this spring. The last morning on the lake......chick was gone. Poof! Now my images of the chick make me sad.............
It was really sad. I came back the next morning and there were only five... one of them was gone over night.
Two weeks later, only one was alive (I have pictures of the last one and THEY make me really sad).
When I came back a few weeks later, I found the parents alone again :(

I have the same emotional reaction to photographing any kind of chick, here one minute, gone the next: that actually happened to me once when I photographed a chick, took a short stroll down the beach, and someone said, when I returned, did you see the caracara grab the chick? Luckily, I missed that moment but the photo does make me sad. So very cute, so very sad.

Back