If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JP_Kenya_10-05-22_3968 1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Young lions in the Maasai Mara last week. Z6 II, 500PF/5.6 at f/5.6, 1/1000s, ISO 320, -0.7 EV compensation from matrix metering. There were a lot(!) of cubs in the Mara, with one pride sporting 14 young ones. Very cute -- until you see them ripping apart a zebra carcass!

That is fun to see. Did you try highlight weighted metering? I am curious because I am off to Africa soon and was thinking it would be good for animals in the water and certain other lighting situations.

That is fun to see. Did you try highlight weighted metering? I am curious because I am off to Africa soon and was thinking it would be good for animals in the water and certain other lighting situations.
I did try that, for backlighting and also for sunset and sunrise shots. It seems to drop the exposure another full stop and I found that I had to lift shadows quite a lot. OK as these ISO levels but for sunrise/sunset I wanted to avoid that.