If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

John 2

Back in 2016, we were lucky enough to spend some time in Nova Scotia. The first two day in Halifax were spent in an unrelenting fog, which I think is what it is famous for. Didn't spoil our enjoyment though.

Alderney Ferry.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thanks Steven. I should think that when it's cold, it would be a different story but it was early September and we happily dined out on the quayside in the early evening albeit with the aid of a blanket supplied by the restaurant. Very eerie with the harbourside lights fading into the distance, but enjoyable..

Last edited:
I enjoy all kinds of maritime photos especially with the fog. Sometimes it's hard to tell if ferries are coming or going. I first thought she was "emerging from" the fog as did Patrick. From the wake and her position on the right side of your frame, wonder if she isn't disappearing into the fog. Can almost hear fog horns, bell buoys, and sea gulls. Nice shot! & presentation.