The Beaver

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

One of my favourite animals, and always great to photograph, as well as just spend time watching them go about their business.

Yesterday, I went out to a local marsh to see if the bears were awake, yet. No bears, but these guys were out in force: I counted 5 swimming about at any one time. They weren't really playing ball for the camera, and it was getting dark, so I was about to leave, when this guy appeared:

Beaver03_small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beaver02_small.jpg

Beaver01_small.jpg

Between the overcast skies and the sun going down, there wasn't much light, resulting in high ISOs, but I think DXO PR did pretty well. It also helped that I got the exposure right and didn't have to tweak levels too much.

Not the best, compositionally, but he kinda took me by surprise (there were beavers swimming about on both sides of the land bridge I was standing on and it was difficult to know which way to look at times) and I didn't want to spook the little guy.

Last edited:
One of my favourite animals, and always great to photograph, as well as just spend time watching them go about their business.

Yesterday, I went out to a local marsh to see if the bears were awake, yet. No bears, but these guys were out in force: I counted 5 swimming about at any one time. They weren't really playing ball for the camera, and it was getting dark, so I was about to leave, when this guy appeared:

View attachment 60676
View attachment 60677
View attachment 60678

Between the overcast skies and the sun going down, there wasn't much light, resulting in high ISOs, but I think DXO PR did pretty well. It also helped that I got the exposure right and didn't have to tweak levels too much.

Not the best, compositionally, but he kinda took me by surprise (there were beavers swimming about on both sides of the land bridge I was standing on and it was difficult to know which way to look at times) and I didn't want to spook the little guy.
I wish I lived near a marsh like that. Well done👍👍👍

Back