If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Geezer

Marketplace
When I pulled up to the shore yesterday morning I could see a raptor in a dead tree a few hundred yards down by the water. It was too close to the beach so I would need to bushwhack around as the sun was rising behind it. As I started off I saw the eagle fly down onto the beach and back into the tree. I wondered why as I moved closer via my circle route. As I got about halfway around the tree I was surprised to see a man fishing under the eagle's perch. I finally got around to better light when the eagle once again flew down to the beach, but this time headed off into the pines. When I got down to the beach on the other side of the tree I saw the man moving towards me with his rod and bait bucket in hand. We greeted each other and I asked him if the eagle had grabbed some bait that had spilled from his bucket. "No", he said, "if I catch a fish I throw it over for him and he swoops down and picks it up. It flies off and is back in the tree after a few minutes." We chuckled and chatted a bit, speculating on how many mouths the eagle must be feeding. The sun was rising, it was time to move along. I thanked him for his kindness and continued on my way.

e&f.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited: