If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RickW

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Babcock State Park in West Virginia. Rare example of being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment. Minor manipulation in PS - those were really the colors that glorious day.
wv mill final as jpeg with minor sharpen.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Gorgeous image!

I sometimes miss film and especially Velvia, sure you can saturate colors all you want with digital photos but there was something great about getting developed slides back from the lab, putting them on the light table and seeing those saturated colors pop out of the loupe.

Of course shooting at ISO 50 or when I really needed it push processing Velvia to ISO 100 is something I don't miss :)

Lovely photo. I have never taken a photo as nice as that. Very nice. I love film but by the time I get a roll developed and scanned large enough to make prints and ship both ways it is just too costly. I miss our local labs.

“ I love film but by the time I get a roll developed and scanned large enough to make prints and ship both ways it is just too costly. I miss our local labs.“

Just to be clear - I too no longer shoot film for that reason. I seldom “spray and pray”, but don’t think twice of shooting at high frame rate since it costs me nothing. Not mention no need to rewind and reload