If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ruley74

I've been out targeting these buggers from late November, they generally inhabit eastern Australian rainforest in NSW & Qld. Like all rainforest birds, the usual light challenges apply and most of these were shot at 1/60 - 1/80 or there about.

D5 & 600mm F/4E.
D5D_6291_DxO media.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

D5D_6176_DxO media-1.jpg

BIF at 1/80 😂 What I do love about this though is it show how his iridescent patches on his wings light up.
D5D_5859_DxO media.jpg

Beautiful bird and fantastic shots, Dean!

I have shot them in the zoo in the rainforest aviary and the light is also a challenge. Like you, it is slow shutter speeds to keep the noise as low as possible.

Beautiful bird and fantastic shots, Dean!

I have shot them in the zoo in the rainforest aviary and the light is also a challenge. Like you, it is slow shutter speeds to keep the noise as low as possible.
Thanks Lance, even at 1/60 wide open I think the best I managed was 2k ISO but my preferred shots were 3-5k from memory.
Brilliant. What amazing birds you get in Oz.
Thanks eft, we are lucky with the birds for sure but we lack the bigger wildlife subjects that are in North America.

I've been out targeting these buggers from late November, they generally inhabit eastern Australian rainforest in NSW & Qld. Like all rainforest birds, the usual light challenges apply and most of these were shot at 1/60 - 1/80 or there about.

D5 & 600mm F/4E.
View attachment 30447
View attachment 30448
BIF at 1/80 😂 What I do love about this though is it show how his iridescent patches on his wings light up.
View attachment 30449
Beautiful Dean!👍👍

Beautiful Dean!👍👍
Thanks very much Ralph, trying set an example and post images!
Excellent set of a beautiful bird.
Thanks Dan, much appreciated
Beautiful shots Dean
Thank you Ira, appreciated.
Impressive photographs -- that's a beautiful bird.
Thanks Woody, appreciated.
Beautiful work with the lighting Dean, I especially like #1. Were you using a tripod?
Thanks so much! For the first one i was, second i was on a monopod, it was shot before the first on a different day.