The one that got away. Feel free to add yours.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Years ago in winter I saw this scene while driving around. Stopped the car and grabbed a quick shot. I played with it some and came up with this rendition at the time.
I messed up in that the original files went missing and all I'm left with is this small JPEG. I want to kick myself when I think of the potential in this image and what I could do with it today. This was shot back when I was still shooting JPEG only. Don't remember the camera - most likely a Nikon D90 with Nikkor 18-200mm DX lens. This is a color image, not converted to B&W.

Let's see your landscapes that got away. :)

DSC_9826A.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
That is a wonderful photo Rassie. Hopefully you can edit it to way you would like it to look.
Thanks, Kathy. This is the edited version. I increased exposure for this almost ghostly look where ground and sky are overexposed for a high key look. I like it as is, but it's so small after cropping, editing and compressing for posting online I can't print it.

Thanks, Kathy. This is the edited version. I increased exposure for this almost ghostly look where ground and sky are overexposed for a high key look. I like it as is, but it's so small after cropping, editing and compressing for posting online I can't print it.
Ahhh, well I like it as it is as well. I thought that you had ideas for further edits. Shame you can’t print it.

Back