If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

CoyoteCreationsNW

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Camera was set up for a birding adventure with an external 1.4 TC but this deer decided the best green leaves were about 25 feet from where I was sitting. Sometimes a headshot is the only alternative. I guess I confirmed that the Z9 and 400 mm TC are sharp even at close distances. P.S. No raptors showed up, so the external TC did me no good at all on this day.

BC1_DeerCloseUp_NZ93251.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Camera was set up for a birding adventure with an external 1.4 TC but this deer decided the best green leaves were about 25 feet from where I was sitting. Sometimes a headshot is the only alternative. I guess I confirmed that the Z9 and 400 mm TC are sharp even at close distances. P.S. No raptors showed up, so the external TC did me no good at all on this day.
Beautiful image and agree 100% on your thoughts, awesome combo to use for sure!

I seem to always have the wrong lens. When I take a 500 mm plus set-up, the deer and coyotes are all within 100 feet. So next time I take a short telephoto and the are so many hawks and kestrels hunting that they need air traffic control. I do have two cameras. What I don't have is the strength to carry that much equipment around for a day.

I seem to always have the wrong lens. When I take a 500 mm plus set-up, the deer and coyotes are all within 100 feet. So next time I take a short telephoto and the are so many hawks and kestrels hunting that they need air traffic control. I do have two cameras. What I don't have is the strength to carry that much equipment around for a day.
If you took 2 camera, lens combinations, no one would show up. Enjoy the unexpected gifts nature bestows upon us

Nice image. You win some, and you lose some. I am still hoping that one day I'll win something
I keep hoping some day I'll win the lottery and can afford one of the big primes. Of course, that would mean actually buying a lottery ticket... hmmm...
I agree, it is a nice image of a deer. I like that we can see her teeth as she bites into the green leaves. well done.