If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Usually I like to have the bird I am photographing dominate the image. In other words, the bird is the "star". Sometimes that might show action or even environment, but still the bird should be the first thing your eye travels to. This image is much different than that. This is a Chestnut-headed Oropendola; these are much less common than other species of Oropendolas in Central America. Typical of Oropendolas, (related to our Orioles in the USA), they build their nests communally-there may be 5-50 nests hanging in an individual tree. Some types of these birds also raise their young communally. In this image I wanted to emphasize the incredible nests they build. In this tree there were 20+ nests and this individual was hopping from one nest and looking inside. Not sure if he was lost and looking for his (her?) brood or not. This image was taken a long ways off-probably 100'+. Cropped moderately from bottom. Bird was brought up slightly and BG was darkened slightly.
Shot in Panama near Canopy Lodge with a Canon R5, 600 f/4.0 lens off a tripod. SS 1/2000, f/5.6, ISO 3200, EC of +0.6.

Chestnut-headed Oropendola Canopy Lodge.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.