Then Tropical Storm Debby Outer Bands

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Whiskeyman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
TS Debby-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I had a few minutes to get my camera and get to the beach yesterday before sunset. With the outer bands of then Tropical Storm Debby visible, I wanted to get a shot showcasing the light of the high clouds contrasting with the darkness of the low clouds. I decided to try a handheld panoramic shot, even though the 70-200 had a 1.4 TC on it. I should have ditch the TC, or better yet, taken the 50mm.

Not great execution, but I feel it captured the contrast of the high and low clouds, as well as the foreboding of the storm contrasting the genial attitudes of the beach tourists.

The fist shot was taken facing eastward. The next shot is a single one taken facing to the west. The light play in the clouds intrigued me.

TS Debby-5.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Attachments

• TS Debby-5.jpg
    TS Debby-5.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 94839
I had a few minutes to get my camera and get to the beach yesterday before sunset. With the outer bands of then Tropical Storm Debby visible, I wanted to get a shot showcasing the light of the high clouds contrasting with the darkness of the low clouds. I decided to try a handheld panoramic shot, even though the 70-200 had a 1.4 TC on it. I should have ditch the TC, or better yet, taken the 50mm.

Not great execution, but I feel it captured the contrast of the high and low clouds, as well as the foreboding of the storm contrasting the genial attitudes of the beach tourists.

The fist shot was taken facing eastward. The next shot is a single one taken facing to the west. The light play in the clouds intrigued me.

View attachment 94841
Very dramatic clouds with looming storm. Love the light. Amazed at how many people ther are out on the beach.

Very dramatic clouds with looming storm. Love the light. Amazed at how many people ther are out on the beach.
It was almost a carnival atmosphere on the beach. A lot of them seemed to be there for the sunset and the storm. If they were 150 miles to the east, all but the most determined would not have been out.

View attachment 94839

View attachment 94841
Terrific pix….Everyone be smart & stay SAFE….

Back