This is what heaven must look like

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It will be interesting to see what Nikon is able to pull together - how many Z9 bodies and 400 f;2.8Z will be at their service center instead of delivered to customers. Sony has reached the point where demand doesn’t outpace supply as badly - bodies at least are in stock everywhere but the big guns are still scarce and those photos in part explain why

That's basically a giant advertisement at the Olympics to tempt Canon and Nikon shooters over to Sony. Great marketing strategy if they can get them to switch systems.
I think in todays world moving people from one system to another is not likely now that Canon and Nikon have flagships that are competitive and making strong headway on glass. A year ago that was a different story. The real fight is getting all of their customers to upgrade and open their wallet. The second battle ground is people new into this level of photography.

Does anyone know what the "Pro" label on the lenses means? More fine tuning or just marketing?
That is just the Sony Pro Support label. Branding they use on all their pro support website and mail outs. I was given a Pro Support strap with that logo on it. I’m sure Sony runs a check on all that gear before the Olympics but nothing special.

That's basically a giant advertisement at the Olympics to tempt Canon and Nikon shooters over to Sony. Great marketing strategy if they can get them to switch systems.

They all do it. A friends is a Canon Pro Rep who worked the Rio games and their Olympic rooms are pretty much the same. Less candy to tempt than the latest tools to use. This was Canon in Tokyo last year. https://photofocus.com/news/canon-establishes-photo-service-center-for-olympic-games/

Screenshot_20220212-135107~2.png

Back