This monkey was explaining the theory of relativity to me

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Irap

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was going through some of my older photos and I came across this shot that I thought was funny. A White-Faced Monkey also known as a Capuchin Monkey
White-Faced Monkey or Capuchin Monkey.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Fantastic photo. I think (?) this was the kind of monkey they used to use with organ grinders (an old musical instrument where the monkey would be on a string and collect coins from bystanders while the owner played). Hopefully those are days are long gone, but I remember as a child they used to do this at Knott's Berry Farm. I think this was also the pet monkey that Ross had on the tv show Friends, which was controversial because (as opponents rightly pointed out) no one should have a pet monkey.

Fantastic photo. I think (?) this was the kind of monkey they used to use with organ grinders (an old musical instrument where the monkey would be on a string and collect coins from bystanders while the owner played). Hopefully those are days are long gone, but I remember as a child they used to do this at Knott's Berry Farm. I think this was also the pet monkey that Ross had on the tv show Friends, which was controversial because (as opponents rightly pointed out) no one should have a pet monkey.
Thanks Fred, I think you are right, they were often seen featured in Marx Brother movies and Our Gang Comedies, not that I'm that old to remember them. I guess it was popular in the 30's and 40's
This shot was taken in Roatan in 2016

Here is another shot I took that day of a mother and child.
White-Faced Monkey with child.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Looks like he must be Italian.

... I think this was also the pet monkey that Ross had on the tv show Friends, which was controversial because (as opponents rightly pointed out) no one should have a pet monkey.
I don't remember said controversy. What was perceived to be so special about monkeys that they shouldn't be pets? I mean as opposed to other animals?

Back