Thrashing Around - I could have sworn I saw a roadrunner - some auto capture fun

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hooligans Imagery

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Got the Z9 out again today for some AC. Was honestly a weird day as my focus hit rate wasn't good. I am honestly not sure why with the 100-400 other than the birds were not big enough in the high contrast scene. I say that because the Qual and Thrashers had a higher hit rate than the Black Throated Sparrow and Cardinal. I used distance and subject detection animals (birds is not a choice in AC). I can't use motion due to the fountain's running water. While I got some great shots, the in focus ones were probably 20-30% which is way less than normal. Even in a sequence it would lose the bird. Oh well some fun ones like these thrashers looking around as if they saw a roadrunner.

I am also testing a pretty good action some posted for putting images on FB. It downsizes the image to 2048 x 1640 and then adds some noise to a grey layer and opens up a save dialog. The files sizes are good for posting directly here. I want to see how that comes out.

Look Left A Roadrunner

Thresher test1_MDH3100 copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

NO LOOK RIGHT

Thresher test2_MDH3100 copy.jpg

DON'T LOOK AT ME HE WAS JUST HERE

Thresher test3_MDH3100 copy.jpg

Back