If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Two hours into the ride, with most of it lost to torrential rain, we stopped to have a cup of tea. Suddenly she emerged from out of the tall grass. There had been no calls. Managed to grab my camera and take a few shots. She was so close that the 500mm just became too much focal length.

Corbett Feb 2022_D857564.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Two hours into the ride, with most of it lost to torrential rain, we stopped to have a cup of tea. Suddenly she emerged from out of the tall grass. There had been no calls. Managed to grab my camera and take a few shots. She was so close that the 500mm just became too much focal length.

View attachment 58533
Beautiful Shot!! That is a wall hanger👍👍👍👍

Wow. This is really an excellent shot. If you shot this at 500mm then I disagree that it was too much lens. IMO this intimate look tells a better story of the animal wet from the rain. And not looking too thrilled about it.

Great shot! Another example of you never know when an opportunity will appear! Nice that you captured the image. It is so frustrating when you don’t.