TK8 Photoshop plug-in

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I wanted to see if anyone had ever tried the TK8 photoshop plug-in and if so, how do you like it? it looks like it would really be time-saving, and certainly more of a simplistic approach to Photoshop actions.

No I stopped spending a huge amount of time building luminosity masks etc... in PS -- these days I rarely get out of LRC

Tony Kuyper does and has posted this.
"The TK8 plugin is the latest release (September 2021) of my comprehensive panel for making luminosity masks and running Photoshop. Like its predecessors, it's modular, so users can configure it in whatever manner works best in their workspace. The plugin is used worldwide and comes pre-programmed with six common languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Chinese. Users can choose the language they prefer. TK8 works equally well on Windows and Mac computers, including computers running Apple silicon processors, like the Mac M1. Installation is easy and the same installers work on Mac and Windows. Photoshop 2022 version 23.2.0 or higher is required to run it."
"The main feature of the TK8 is its ability to make pixel-based masks, like luminosity masks. But luminosity masks are just the beginning. TK8 also makes masks based on color channels, hue, color, saturation, vibrance, and the user's own alpha channels. Edge masks are latest addition to the kinds of masks easily generated with TK8. The video below shows where to find the newest features."

No I stopped spending a huge amount of time building luminosity masks etc... in PS -- these days I rarely get out of LRC

Tony Kuyper does and has posted this.
"The TK8 plugin is the latest release (September 2021) of my comprehensive panel for making luminosity masks and running Photoshop. Like its predecessors, it's modular, so users can configure it in whatever manner works best in their workspace. The plugin is used worldwide and comes pre-programmed with six common languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Chinese. Users can choose the language they prefer. TK8 works equally well on Windows and Mac computers, including computers running Apple silicon processors, like the Mac M1. Installation is easy and the same installers work on Mac and Windows. Photoshop 2022 version 23.2.0 or higher is required to run it."
"The main feature of the TK8 is its ability to make pixel-based masks, like luminosity masks. But luminosity masks are just the beginning. TK8 also makes masks based on color channels, hue, color, saturation, vibrance, and the user's own alpha channels. Edge masks are latest addition to the kinds of masks easily generated with TK8. The video below shows where to find the newest features."
Yeah, the new masking and light room has certainly cut down on the amount of time a spin in Photoshop now, but I still use it quite often.

I've used TK for quite a few years. Initially used the TK panels more for masking than anything else, but now that I have spent a little time investigating its capabilities I love the buttons. I now use TK8 more for the actions and buttons than the masking. It has replaced some of my custom keyboard shortcuts and can be faster than searching through the dropdowns. It does speed up my editing in PS.

I've used TK for quite a few years. Initially used the TK panels more for masking than anything else, but now that I have spent a little time investigating its capabilities I love the buttons. I now use TK8 more for the actions and buttons than the masking. It has replaced some of my custom keyboard shortcuts and can be faster than searching through the dropdowns. It does speed up my editing in PS.
That’s one of the reasons I was looking at it because I have bilateral arm issues and anything I can do to cut down on key strokes and such would be helpful. I might give it a trial and see how it goes. It looks like it’s only $30 from what I can tell.

I use limited features on TK8, I don't need all the features in PS to be created in TK8. For what I use, I highly recommend TK8

You can also edit some of the buttons on the panel to make shortcuts. For example I changed some buttons I don't care about to directly open one of the Nik modules and my favorite 3rd party filters. There are a lot of youtube help videos.

The more I watch the Dave Kelly tutorials on this software, the more intrigued I become. most of the things this plug-in does I know how to do especially a luminosity mask, but the time it seems to save would make it well worth the money. I’m still on the fence but I think for the price a person couldn’t go wrong by at least giving it a try.

You can also edit some of the buttons on the panel to make shortcuts. For example I changed some buttons I don't care about to directly open one of the Nik modules and my favorite 3rd party filters. There are a lot of youtube help videos.
How hard was the initial set up of this plug-in, If you don’t mind me asking?

Like everything there can be a learning curve depending on how deep you want to dive, but I found it very easy to set up. If you are going to buy, now is the time due to the sale. I'm still not using it to it's full potential as I have a few plugins that do similar things. I would buy it again without hesitation.

(I'm addicted to plugins. Post processing is my video game.)

Like everything there can be a learning curve depending on how deep you want to dive, but I found it very easy to set up. If you are going to buy, now is the time due to the sale. I'm still not using it to it's full potential as I have a few plugins that do similar things. I would buy it again without hesitation.

(I'm addicted to plugins. Post processing is my video game.)
I like plugins as well and some things in photoshop take multiple steps and it’s nice to do it in one click lol

I've used the TK plugin all the way back to TK6. Sean Bagshaw's videos give a good overview of the many uses of the panel. Then Dave Kelley started his TK Friday series and even more possibilities were shown. I really don't use TK 8 much for wild life photos, but for landscapes/seascapes I do enjoy playing with the LM's and actions. I think the actions will speed up some work flow but for me, it's not the speed up but rather the fun of spending time on post processing. For my it's a second hobby like painting, paired with the hobby of shooting

Back