Too rainy to get to favorite places this year!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The Colusa Wildlife Refuge is one of my favorite places to visit and take photographs in during the winter months. I usually stay a couple of days to get several chances at some good shots. This year, I live in Central California, the rain and storms have kept me away. This landscape was taken there at some point in the last couple of years. I'm still hoping that I might get there at the end of this month when the rain sort of stops to see if any birds are left. The sunsets are often colorful.
sunsetmercedtest copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The only problem will be that with all the available water the birds will be much more dispersed than in prior years where the drought and lack of water forced them to concentrate.

The only problem will be that with all the available water the birds will be much more dispersed than in prior years where the drought and lack of water forced them to concentrate.
I do realize that it may simply be a bad year for bird shots in the Central Valley. Glad I got some crane shots in December.

The Colusa Wildlife Refuge is one of my favorite places to visit and take photographs in during the winter months. I usually stay a couple of days to get several chances at some good shots. This year, I live in Central California, the rain and storms have kept me away. This landscape was taken there at some point in the last couple of years. I'm still hoping that I might get there at the end of this month when the rain sort of stops to see if any birds are left. The sunsets are often colorful. View attachment 53127
Connie, beautiful clouds, love the reflection. Just hold on there, the rain will stop on Thursday, afterwards we may not get any perceipitaion in Februrary. The Central Valley must be getting soaked, here in the Bay Area, the Santa Cruz has been hit hard.

Oliver

Connie, beautiful clouds, love the reflection. Just hold on there, the rain will stop on Thursday, afterwards we may not get any perceipitaion in Februrary. The Central Valley must be getting soaked, here in the Bay Area, the Santa Cruz has been hit hard.

Oliver

I was hoping to head out to Sebastopol today but it's snowing right now in Sonora! Looks like another day at home...:(...not that I don't like home, but day after day after day gets to be a bit much for me as I generally get out to photograph in various places. At this point I'm ok with no rain in February!

Back