Travel Talk Forum?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Do you think we should have it as a normal forum though? I've been kicking this around for awhile now. I've thought about different approaches - like having article post options for people to sort of post all about a trip and give locations, restraints, hotels, etc. I've also thought about just a normal forum to start with and see where it goes.

Do you think we should have it as a normal forum though? I've been kicking this around for awhile now. I've thought about different approaches - like having article post options for people to sort of post all about a trip and give locations, restraints, hotels, etc. I've also thought about just a normal forum to start with and see where it goes.
Maybe start one and see where it goes? Many of us have tours or safaris or travel workshops we’ve enjoyed. There are so many places I’d like to visit to indulge my wildlife photography hobby. I’d love to know about the experience of others and share mine as well.

Also, your guidance about what to pack, how to pack, and what to be aware of while traveling with photo gear is invaluable. Perhaps that could be part of it, too?

The forum software should support tags. It could be required in that forum to put a tag for the general region concerned?
I thought of that as well. I was also thinking about using prefixes instead of subforums too. That way, everything is in one forum but it can be sorted as well. That way. If someone posts something more general or applicable to everywhere with a specific prefix or tag it wouldn’t get shuffled away under a specific region or something.

Yes, yes, yes! I mentioned a trip report forum in the site help section a few months ago. But I like this more general idea of travel talk, which would encompass both trip reports and queries for trip help or advice, including recommendations for tour leaders. I also like Steve's idea (based on Butlerkid's input) of having prefixes for continent.

I would love to see this idea implemented ASAP.

Back