Tree buds and blooms. 62 frame focus stack, NISI Closeup filter on 105 S macro and straight macro shot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bill M

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Out this morning practicing the Z6ll functions and experimenting with the NISI closeup filter. Focus shift came in handy during intermittent breezes and allowed a speedy enough capture to have a usable stack.

105 S macro 62 frame focus stack of Chokecherry tree emerging leaves
2022-05-02 13-18-21 (C,Smoothing8).jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

105 S Macro with NISI closeup filter Moosewood tree bloom
Z62_0091.jpg

105 S Macro lens shot of Red Crabapple emerging leaves
Z62_0379.jpg

Nice photos and stacks! What package did you use to do the stacks? Did you lose many shots to the wind? That is always a concern when I shoot outdoors.

Nice photos and stacks! What package did you use to do the stacks? Did you lose many shots to the wind? That is always a concern when I shoot outdoors.
Thanks for your comments. I use Helicon Focus for stacks. Lost the first stack to the wind. Breeze started up about half way through and made the sequence unusable. However, I entered 30 less frames the second time around after examining the first group and was able to get through the second focus shift sequence without any significant movement. Still learning best settings for focus shift shooting. Later in the morning went for single shots as wind became more steady.

Back