Trouble with Lightroom sizing preset

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gaknott

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have downloaded the file, but when I try to import to LR, I get this message
1597782179738.png

Are you using the CC or the Desktop Classic version? This was created with the Desktop version and may not be compatible with CC.
There's also a chance the file was damaged during download. You might need to re-download and see if that does it. I haven't had any other errors reported, but I'll keep an eye out.

I am using CC version. I have already tried re-downloading to no avail. Is there a difference in using the preset vs. letting the site resize it when downloading? I normally finish an image in PS vs saving directly from LR.

I am using CC version. I have already tried re-downloading to no avail. Is there a difference in using the preset vs. letting the site resize it when downloading? I normally finish an image in PS vs saving directly from LR.
If it's CC and not Classic that may be why. Some thoughts...

1. You may be able to make your own by watching the video and putting in the settings I'm using. Might be the easiest way.

2. If you use Photoshop, then you may want to try these actions (H1200 for the horizontal, V800 for the vertical)

Sharpen And Resize Photos For The Web

Just remember NOT to save your PSD once you resize - resize and save as Jpegs, then just close out.

3. You can resize in Photoshop as well too.

The images do need resized - the site blocks images larger than 1MB (or I'd run out of server space in a hurry). You can also link directly from Flickr or other image hosting places too. The Insert Photo button allows for URL locations.

Hope that helps :)

Back