If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have been waiting for a Sparrow hawk to land in a nearby perch, at the nearby local meadows couple of weeks back and saw some black bees and wasps flying around me and through some pink flowers in front me.
I could have gone with higher shutter speeds, but I was using Nikon D500 and the current shutter speed was 1/4000 @ 4000 ISO, so increasing the shutter speed will definitely ruin the image. I pre-focused near the flower where the wasp in this frame is going to land. I cropped it to 4x3 for Instagram.

Exposure info - 1/4000 @F6.3 + ISO 4000, Manual with Auto ISO
Equipment used - Nikon D500 with Tokina 100 mm Macro

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions on this.

Best
Swaroop
_DSC1123-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I just know how difficult it is to nail an image like this! The high ss did help, but you still had to lock-on to focus the erratic movement - that is the knack required. Love his bristle body! Cropping is subjective and each of us crops to gut-feel or preference. I would crop a bit off the bottom to above your name and also from the top about 2/3 of the 1st pink petal above the bee. But as mentioned, subjective and a lovely image!!!!

I just know how difficult it is to nail an image like this! The high ss did help, but you still had to lock-on to focus the erratic movement - that is the knack required. Love his bristle body! Cropping is subjective and each of us crops to gut-feel or preference. I would crop a bit off the bottom to above your name and also from the top about 2/3 of the 1st pink petal above the bee. But as mentioned, subjective and a lovely image!!!!
Yeah, that makes sense to me as well. To be honest I normally crop using the crop overlay and tool in LR and try my best to place the interesting thing/subject in the photograph in the lower/upper intersecting points and crop 4x3. So that I don't have to crop again if post that to instagram :p