Tsavo East sunset

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Returning to camp, as rain was heading in on the horizon I saw this tree (with a secretary bird roosting in it) and was struck by the sunbeams from the sun that because of the equator, was low on the horizon

20201119-DSC_7953.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Stunning! This kind of atmospheric condition combined with a perfect symetry is awesome; in Quebec, we have a french word for this atmospheric phenomenon: ''Pieds-de-vent''.

John, I’m sorry, just have to reply again, I find that shot just captivating! The blue & the gold, along with the clouds & sun bursts. Exquisite!
Hi Bill, many thanks for your very kind comments, it was a shot just asking to get taken as we drove past. I started concentrating on wildlife but i do like landscapes which I am beginning to explore a bit more. Still learning about post processing and conscious of the tendency to over cook this gs. Learning curve is fun though. Making me think of stretching to a D850....

Back